The history of the Town Museum begins with the collection of objects for the Czechoslovak Ethnographic Exhibition in 1895. After this exhibition in Prague, the objects collected formed the basis of the Museum’s collections. The public saw them for the first time in 1898. At first the Museum was located in a town school, later it moved to the château.
18. A guild chest of master carpenters, 1767